PATERNITY FRAUD

Do u think that men should have the right to know that there m/b other possible men who m/b the father of your unborn child?
if not should women be charged with paternity fraud?

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 6:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Anyone expected to financially and emotionally support a child has every right to know they are indeed the father. If you as a woman pull the wool over some mans eyes and then the truth comes out, yes you should be held responsible! Not too mention what a sick twisted thing to do to a child.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• absolutely! i had a friend that this girl played him so bad up until the baby was like 10months old and even lived with his own parents and it turned out he was not the father. she thought the bio dad didn't want the kid so she used this guy because he would do the right thing and he never questioned her. so sad because he got so messed up because he really loved that baby.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 6:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Well, I think that a paternity test should be Mandatory for collecting child support then it wouldn't be an issue in those cases. Outside of child support issues... I just don't know.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• That's what paternity tests are for. I, personally, think they should be done as soon as baby is born. On EVERYONE. Would eliminate a lot of crap.
    cheez1e

Answer by cheez1e at 6:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I know a guy who paid child support for years then found out it wasn't his kid. You know how much of th emoney he ot back? ZERO why? His name was on the birth certificate. Every child born should have a test done or there should be fraud charges.
    Anonymous

• I think it should be mandatory. If someone raises a child like the child is their own, and then they find out that the child is not theirs, they may still be forced to pay child support regardless in some states. Above all else, the emotional toll has to be devastating to a man who finds news like that out. I can't even imagine.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 6:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i feel that they should have a right to know cuz i have a brother who was pauing child support for 3 boys,signed the bc for all 3 but wasnt the father of any of the boys..only reason it came out was when one child was diagnosed with cancer..an they were asked to donate blood an do a marrow match for the just in case..none of the even had the same DNA match..none even had the same dad..he was deva
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I think there should be a punishment for that. There was a girl I knew who did that, the baby was almost a year old by the time she told him he wasnt the dad. After he signed the birth certificate, put her on his insurance and paid for everything for the baby.
    RhiannaSanchez

Answer by RhiannaSanchez at 9:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• There should be some type of punishment especially when the mother knows all along and wont say anything. If you can send men to jail for not paying court ordered child support then why not the mothers that don't know who the fathers are.

waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 12:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2010