ARe there people who really don't need other people?

Do you know these people? Or do you have one in your family?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 6:24 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm one of those peole who prefers to be alone and do things for myself. It's not because I don't need or want others around, it's because I've been disappointed and lied to so many times that I've learned I can't depend on other people to make good on their promises. If I want something, truly WANT it, I have to find a way to accomplish it for myself, because no one else will. And that may sound callous and bitchy, but it took me 35 years of beating my head against the same brick wall to get it through my skull.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• To what extent? I am perfectly happy in my little bubble of just my kids and hubby. I love my parents but I don't need to see them all the time. I could survive without seeing extended family for the rest of my life. I couldn't care less about friends and strangers suck.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I dont NEED people! I know to some it may sound odd, I just dont. I LIKE to have people around, but to NEED them would suggest that you cannot live without them! The only person I would have trouble living without now is my preicous baby girl...
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 6:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i think i know what you mean
    they act like they do not need anyone,
    because they act in a way that drives everyone away, therefore they say that they do not need anyone
    this they think fools others to think that it was their idea, but in fact people run from them because of their drama and they tend to blame everyone lese for what goes wrong, sometimes things are no one sfault, it just crap that happens in life, but they WILL blame someone and NEVER except any fault ever for their actions

these people are never ever wrong in their own eyes

**did I peg this person you are thinking of???
    if so, then we are thinking of the same person
    SIL
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:32 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I pretty much don't need people. I suppose there may be a time when I physically need someone to fix something or do something like that but emotionally, I'm good.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I had an aunt and an uncle who lived very solitary lives (by themselves not with each other). Alone 90% of the time. That's how they liked it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i have bf that like life with her self and i family that i can live with out
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2010