what do you do with your old magazines?

do you tear our your favorite articles, or save the whole thing? or do you just throw it away when you are done reading it?

what do you suggest I do for my magazines that I dont want to throw away?

Phippsandrea

Asked by Phippsandrea at 6:25 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Entertainment

• I get quite a few magazines for free through various sources (Woman's Day, Shape, Natural Health, Neurology Now, Fast Company) and when I am finished with them, I give them to my next door neighbor to read. When she is finished with them, she shares them with the members of her stroke survivors group. Any that she doesn't want or that her group doesn't want, we put in the magazine exchange bin at the public library. When my son was of preschool age, I used to send in some of the magazines for craft projects in the classroom.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I am also looking for a creative use for my old mags! I don't have easy access to recycling so I just keep putting them in a little wooden crate next to my bed waiting to have an idea...
    As for the recipes, my goal is tag all the ones I want, type them up, and print them out on recipe cards. Eventually. LOL.
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 6:37 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I remove the address label, and take a plastic grocery bag full to the hospital and recycle them.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• recycle

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I recycle mine.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I cut out pictures of stuff that I think my son wil like, such as animals, suns, houses, watches, and keep them in a little box......then whenever he wants to, he has stuff he can pull out and glue to make collages with.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Give them to friends or recycle.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Cut out everything I think I would ever want... I have notebooks for things, craft ideas I've found, hairstyle/makeup, and for my wedding.
    Sweet_Hart478

Answer by Sweet_Hart478 at 7:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Bring them to the cancer center at the hospital.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Donate to the nursing home my grandma is in. Daycares will also take them for cutting practice. You can donate to hospitals, nursing homes, adult day centers. They will ALL be grateful for them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2010