Does anyone give their toddler a multivitamin?

My son is a picky eater. He likes apples but doesn't like any veggies. I buy the juice with the fruit n veggie combo too. I just feel like he doesn't eat enough but the doc always said kids can be picky eaters. My son is 2yrs old.

mommylovesu28

Asked by mommylovesu28 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My pediatrician recommended baby vitamins right from day one.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• When mine were toddlers I gave them gummi vites -- multiple vitamins that look and (presumably) taste like gummi bears.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 6:32 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I do. I feel like my 2 year old doesn't eat ANYTHING, unless of course it's a sweet so I try not to keep to much of those in the house anymore. But her pediatrcian says she is very healthy and I am doing the right thing by offering her the rights foods all the time, and eventually she will start to eat more. I always try to offer a variety of fruits/veggies throughout the day. Normally she doesn't eat any of it LOL so I give her the multivitamin so I know she is at least getting a little of what she needs.
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 6:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i give it to my picky eaters also
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 6:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Our pediatrician gave us a prescription for vitamins that include floride. I think the majority of toddlers are picky eaters at some point along the way, The best you can do is continue to offer a mix of healthy foods and keep trying different things.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Flintstones... the "First Flintstones" kind, made for even a two year old
    Sweet_Hart478

Answer by Sweet_Hart478 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My son is often a picky eater as well. He eats most fruits, but I have to be sneaky with the veggies to get him to eat those. The only vegetables he really likes are sweet potatoes and avocados. He usually doesn't eat a lot of meat, but occasionally he'll try it. We give him a liquid vitamin called Poly-Vi-Sol w/ Iron (one dropper a day in about 2-3 oz juice mixed w/ 2-3 oz of water). I also puree vegetables and add them to foods that he loves, for example yogurt, oatmeal, spaghetti sauce, pancakes, muffins, etc. I have discovered that the kid will eat almost anything shaped like a pancake--even carrot pancakes--just plain, without any syrup. Also, I just tried a pumpkin pancake recipe I found online, and that was really good. I keep trying to offer vegetables on the side or in whatever dish we're having too, but I feel better having the vitamin and the purees to be sure he's getting enough most days.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Somehow I grew up perfectly healthy without ever having vitamins. Then again, my mom didn't tolerate pickiness, so I grew up eating plenty of fruits and veggies. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:20 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• We do the Cars gummi multi vitamin or Flintstones
    ThaSs

Answer by ThaSs at 10:28 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Ohh I love the new. V8 juices with veggies in it and my boys do to.
    ThaSs

Answer by ThaSs at 10:30 AM on Nov. 17, 2010