What do you do when your teething infant won't eat from the bottle? I have been trying to mix his formula with Organic Brown Rice Cereal which seems to work better. How much should he eat? He is almost 8-months old. I put baby orajel on his gums before the last feeding. Thanks.

Asked by Svetlana98usa at 6:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't do the orajel. It's got weird gross chemical sugars in it. It can bother their tummies. An upset tummy will make the eating situation worse.

You can make "Popsicles" out of formula or breast milk. There are also teether feeders that are little cloth sacks that you can put a piece of frozen fruit in-- like a slice of frozen peach. And your baby can chew and feel cool and better and get some fruit nutrition.

Answer by ecodani at 11:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Have you tried teething biscuits? They're a little messy, but both my kids loved gnawing on them.

Answer by ss_mom at 6:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Where do you get those? At the grocery store? Thanks.

Comment by Svetlana98usa (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• u can get teething biscuts with the baby food in grocery stores. also look into getting teething tablets. they are small, disolvable tablets that help relieve pain. teething tablets were the best investment i ever made
    orajel can actually make the gums harden so its harder for cutting teeth.

Answer by Phippsandrea at 6:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2010