As mother of the groom, how involved were you in the wedding plans?

My son is getting married and I want to help. Not sure if I will be asked.

chris219

Asked by chris219 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well I can tell you that my MIL was VERY involved in the wedding becase she was my wedding planner! She is very creative AND a designer AND a fantastic cook AND she can decorate a cake like no ones bussiness so I didn't see any reason to have anyone else do it. It turned out very nicely and I know she was happy to help :)
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 6:57 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I was asked my opinion on a few things, but really wasn't that involved. I was asked to go see the gown she was thinking about before she actually comitted to it which pleased me very much and then she asked me to alter it which made me very happy. I will offer one piece of advise.....I hope you don't mind........ask to see the seating chart (if there is one) before they make out the place cards if you are sensitive to family sitting together. I was not asked about that and I was simply waiting when they told me it was all decided. None of my family was sitting with who we wanted them to be with. If I had to do it over I would have asked to see the seating chart while they are working on it. Good luck!! Hope it all goes well.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• For one son..very little other than helping him plan the rehearsal dinner. His 'bride' thought it was her job to plan it all and we just pay..um NO. I finally told her mother to impress well on her daughter that it is my SONS day too. She wouldn't be getting married without him. Her Mother called her a bridezilla..LOL. We have been great friends ever since...oh, and my son divorced her cheating butt..and her father disowned her.

My youngest son was engaged to a woman who had no money, nor did her family. Intead of having them go to the JP, we planned and gave them a small wedding. It turned out very nicely.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:54 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I made the mints and bought a few things they couldn't find. That was it. I would have liked to have been more involved but it wasn't to be.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• ask your son what they need help with...
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 7:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2010