Okay I dont know if this goes into Relationships or ttc lol

I just turned 20 and my husband and I have a 2 and a half year old boy. My husband, as like many others, is going into the navy in the next 6 months. I really want another baby. He does too but doesnt want to miss the birth of his child. We are trying for a girl this time. I wouldnt mind delivering on my own.

So here is my question : What do you guys think about this situation? Should we got for it even though he wont be here for the birth? And if we do, how hard is it to have two kids with me being the only one taking care of them? I really DO want another one but I am unsure if I willl be able to do on my own? if we wait it wil be 4 more years till we can have another one

ReadyToRage

Asked by ReadyToRage at 7:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• If you aren't feeling confident enough that you could do it on your own then I would wait. I can understand not wanting to, but you don't want to do anything before you are ready.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i think if it is what you want you should do it now. if you wait 4 years your son will be over seven after ttc and preg. if you get preg right away. If you try now at least they will be close in age. It will be a challenge but it would be a good one.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 7:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Right. I guess if we waited even 2 more years to conceive it would not be as bad. They would be 5 years apart but I would be 25 years old. Isnt that kinda older to have a child?
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 7:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i would wait there is not much that a husband can share with you and taking that away from him is asking too much. not to mention that even though your baby won't know any better i think that the baby needs to have it's daddy there the day they were born. think of what you tell them when they are older. i just wanted to have you so much that i kept your dad from being able to be there cause of timing. not very nice. especially if you plan on raising this baby for 4 yrs alone. how is it fair to raise a baby and it never knowing the father...if that is what your saying in your question. i don't get why it would be 4 yrs later to do this. the war could end sooner.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Omg that did not come out right! lol
    I was 17 when I had my son. 17 to 25 is kinda a diffrence lol
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 7:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• my kids are a year apart. at first it was hard but when they get older they will play together. if you wait then the chances of the older one wanting to pay with the younger one is not very good at all.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 7:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• You are in active duity for 4 years. THere is still a navy even if there is no war lol they still have to stay out there. He will be on a ship most of the time . He will be home for maybe 3 months out of the year though..

Thank you for all your advie girls!!
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 7:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• *play
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 7:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I think you would be fine taking care of two kids without your dh there all the time. You get the advantage of being a sahm, so they get all of your attention. I think waiting until your child is 7 is not a good idea, I had my second dd when my first was 4 and its not easy to deal with. My older one is jealous and my little one gets hurt bc she wants to follow her big sister around. I wish I wouldve had my dd sooner than I did, they would be closer.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Im not a stay at home mom though. I have a full time job =\
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 8:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2008