cervical contractions???

Anyone ever heard of cervical contractions? I am 23 weeks and just got back from the doctor, then said I was having cervical contractions. I have also, been diagnosed with cervical incompetence. Just curious if anyone has heard of it, because I can't find much on the internet about it. They said it can lead to pre-term labor and I am all ready on bed rest and have been for 3.5 months now. Thanks for the info in advance.

JD08

Asked by JD08 at 7:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i had cervical contractions with my first one it causes you to dialate early hints the pre- term labor thing. the only thing you can do is bed rest or at least that is what they told me. I am sorry i cant give you any more info on this they didnt give me any either.
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 7:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• pp sounds right. A hint about bed rest is get a mini fridge and keep it by your bedside (like a nigth stand) you can keep snacks and drinks in it cutting down on trips to the kitchen for you and or making caring for you easier for the person who must do it. Have someone go to the library and get you lots of books and maybe take up a hobby like knitting etc. Also flex those muscles in your arms and legs while in bed to try to retain some of the muscle mass. Months spent in bed will result in a loss of most of your muscles making recovery even harder.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:43 AM on Nov. 4, 2008