why do teens think they know everything? and we as moms dont think ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Because they're teenagers, of course!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• LMAO
    if i knew half of what i thought i knew at 14, i would be the smartest person in the world

why do teens think this, because they are teens
    their brains are not completely done, especially part that has common sense- hence the risky behavoir in teens

vent away, bet no mom on here that has teens will be surprised on what your is doing
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Because they would like to believe they do. They're insecure, unaware, self conscience .. It's easier to think they have all the answers then to be vunerable and admit they don't. We don't know everything either, not even what some go through these days, but it's kind of intimidating to be knew to situations and be vulnerable. Even as adults.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• right of passage.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have 3 teens right now so I'm wondering this same thing every day. And even though I know the answer (see all of the above), it still never fails to amaze me that someone with so little experience and knowledge of the world can think they are so ready to run the whole place!!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:11 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• unless it's something serious I just let him have it. no sense in arguing about it. one day when he has a teen i will remind him of what pay back is lol
    really though i am learning they are just growing. thinking. trying to figure things out. he is a book of useless information but it make him feel good to talk about it all so i listen. one day he will be grown and i will miss all this.
    cuteness13983

Answer by cuteness13983 at 4:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• it's a vicious cycle - only we used to be on the other end of the spectrum, remember?
    GumboGirl

Answer by GumboGirl at 12:09 AM on Nov. 20, 2010