would your feelings be hurt too?

Ok so I'm gonna try to make this as short as possible...my DH has a DD from a previous relationship whom he is not allowed to see...due to the mother...now she does play dates & get togethers with MIL & SIL to allow DD to know her grandma & aunt & cousin...now my MIL & SIL are going to a usher concert & asked me to watch my niece...no problem however they never even asked if Iwould like to go...to then start giving some details about the evening...my MIL said oh "they" want to stay at a hotel when I ask who is they she informs me that they are going with my DH's ex girlfriend!!! when I say oh umm well thats nice noone even asked me if I would like to go she then starts telling me how it came about of the ex going...that my MIL & SIL had got tickets & were talking to ex about it n she said oh i want to go...so they then went back and exchanged their tickets to get 3 tickets sitting by each other...there is more but am i wrong?

hiswifey0725

Asked by hiswifey0725 at 7:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• So their own son/brother isn't allowed around his own child by this woman, yet they buddy up with her? Unless he's an alcoholic/abuser/something similarly bad, that makes NO sense whatsoever, and yes, I'd be furious.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• and where will your husband be? he can not be around his own child??WHY
    is he going to concert?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't be hurt. They had a relationship before you, that does not need to stop now because your DH is not with Ex.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 7:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• no hubby will be home with me & our kids & niece but she won't allow him to have a relationship with his daughter due to his PAST drug use which she herself was on the same drugs as him so how she can hold that against him is beyond me I personally feel it is a grudge against me as soon as she found out we had married she turned into a whole other person with him & stopped all his visitation...it has been a big mess for the last 3 years & she has been mad since she found out I was carrying for her daughter while she was in recovery Like I said my feelings where hurt cuz the part I couldn't type was that my MIL then says oh well we didn't know if you would like that stuff...YOU NEVER EVEN ASKED ME!! but they asked the ex!?!?
    hiswifey0725

Comment by hiswifey0725 (original poster) at 7:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't be hurt. But I would not watch the neice either. Cause they are going with the EX.

Answer by louise2 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i guess i could care less about the concert but more about why the woman has full time with child and the father does not?
    has he gone to court to get his rights?
    or
    is he still on drugs?
    she got full time when she had drug problem?/
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I'm not saying the relationship should stop but like i said it is a big ole mess and has been since me & DH have been together for a year and a half she had no contact with ne1 not even the grandma or aunt so y now y all of a sudden do they have to push me out n pull her in n besides that y would u have that close a relationship with ur sons ex if he has a wife n family with some1 else??
    hiswifey0725

Comment by hiswifey0725 (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• NO WAY!!!! he has been clean since Feb of 2008!! He has turned his life around soooo much he has even rebuilt a relationship with his father...it doesnt have much to do with the concert it has everything to do with the fact that they are putting her above mine & my husbands feelings she picks and chooses when she wants to be involved with the grandmother as well like i said its a big mess ill keep posting answers to questions and no he is not an alcholic drug user or abuser he is wonderful!!!
    hiswifey0725

Comment by hiswifey0725 (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• She can't keep him from seeing the child. Take it back to court and get that fixed. As to the concert, I wouldn't want to go if she were going anyway.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:25 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i wounder what they will do for you when you become a ex ,it time you just smile next time they take ex just have fun with hubby and the kids they seem to do this just to get your goat ,
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 8:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010