How would you react to this?

You're out to dinner with your new boyfriend, you order the Creme Brulee before your meal..it's just something you do at this particular restaurant because it's your favorite desert and you like to have it before your steak, you're thin, no worries, and you never eat sugar so it's a fun indulgence for you..when the waitress brings you the dessert, she says "I brought you two spoons and she sets it in between the two of you..your boyfriend says to her, "Yeah, like I'm gonna get a crack at that" the cute waitress laughs & you feel slightly stung because this was kind of a romantic night, you're seated by the fireplace sharing dessert and your bonehead boyfriend makes you look like a cow and bursts your little romantic bubble. Do you feel like the joke was made at your expense? It irritates me when my dates flirt with the waitresses instead of me, I totally lost my appetite.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• i would be hurt, go talk to him and tell him how you feel, good luck and no you are not a cow for doing that
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 7:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would have laughed and said nope your not going to get any....... I'm not sure why you let it ruin your night. Isn't that comment basically saying you love that dessert! Why would you take it to be offensive?

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 7:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I think you're being a little over sensitive.

Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• GIRL I WOULD HAVE GOT UP AND DUMPED THE DESSERT ON HIM AND GAVE THE WAITRESS BACK HER SPOONS AND TOLD HER HER THIS IS ALL YOURS!!!!! BY
    hotmama625

Answer by hotmama625 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't let it ruin your night. It sounds like no big deal, honestly.
    ChelseaUT

Answer by ChelseaUT at 7:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would totally take that as a funny little remark and said "exactly! take that extra spoon back" If you are bold enough to order it (and kudos to you for doing it) you can't then turn into the "sensitive" type.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 7:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• guess it is a ... you had to be there moment
    because it does not read like a bad moment
    does not read like he was flirting
    but then again...it may be not what he said but HOW he said it that made you feel that way

let me ask you this, ...
    if the waitress was a fat ugly grandma woman and the food was a big beautiful salad...would you have felt the same
    because maybe it was not him, but was you reading something into it
    he can not help what the waitress looks like, and you ordered the dessert before dinner (great idea by the way)

if the two of us were out and you ordered dessert before steak dinner (did i say-great idea by the way)
    i would have made a smart-ass remark about me getting in on that action
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• That's like a total guy joke that almost any guy would say. I thought I was sensitive but you're worse than I am.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 7:24 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Your insecurities are showing and you totally over reacted.

Answer by older at 7:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I probably would have told him right their and then to bring me home. then bitched him out for treating me like shit.

Answer by louise2 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 16, 2010