re-asking this question because i only got 2 answers "BirthControl"

What all types of birthcontrol have you tryed?
Which ones did you like and why?
which ones did you not like and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Health

• the only one ive tried is ocella (generic brand of yasmin) and it wasn't for me. 2 months after starting it i started getting terrible migraines more than once a week and sometimes more than once a DAY. and they weren't just little headaches, i'm talking tunnel vision and vomiting. it sucked. i threw them in the garbage after i did some online research and never had one of those migraines again, of course, i got pregnant with my 3rd just 2 weeks after discarding them LOL. oh well! now our birth control is hubby's vasectomy, BEST thing we ever did!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:32 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I tried birth control pills. Did not like them because I lost my desire. Then I used diaphram for years. Pretty easy and it worked out well for me.
    Anonymous

• I have tried a normal combined pill, and that one was ok, I wasn't on it long though. Mirena, I had that for 5 months and bled every day and it messed with the quality of my breastmilk. Now I'm on a mini pill (progestin only) and have more periods than normal, but they only last 3 or 4 days. So far, I hate birth control in general but the combined pill had the fewest side effects.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:37 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Depo was the WORST ever. I bleed constantly & lost handfuls of hair to the point I almost was bald on one side of my head. I know for some women it works well...as in it stops your period altogether. But for me it was awful!
    Anonymous

• ortho tri cyclen, Yasmin and ortho tri cyclen lo.....The best was ortho tri cyclen.....yasmin gave me the horrible migraines like PP and I got pregnant on ortho tri cyclen lo....
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have used a few

The Ring: I loved! Very low maintenance. I had a bad reaction to the hormones in it, it made me a B*tch! But other than that I loved it!

The Patch: Left welts, itchy, and left residue like sticky stuff. Pretty low maintenance but I was afraid it was going to fall off.

The Pill: I hated taking every day, if you miss it effects it. It does help w cramping and acne. Great for acne actually, none others help w it. I used ortho tri cyclen and jasmine.

I am not on IUD: I got paraguard because of my negative reaction to the hormones in the ring and Mirena has hormones. Mirena helps w cramping and ligtens your flow. Paraguard makes your flow heavier and crampier. It was horrible in the beginning but its been about 6 months and its better. Paraguard is 11 years mirena is 5 I believe.

So overall I like the IUD and ring.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 8:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• The only BC I have been on was Mirena and I hated it. The entire 7 months I had it, I had terrible mood swings, bad cramping, constant fatigue, and no desire at all.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 12:27 AM on Nov. 17, 2010