Does this make me a bad mom?

If you are going to be rude dont answer please.

I am 29wks pregnant and im tired. A friends is going to take my 2 kids(2yrs and 10m) for 2 days starting tomorrow. Does it make me a bad mom to say i cant wait. I never get a break i dont have any family to help and this person only takes one or the other ever 4m or so.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• No, it doesn't make you a bad mom, just a smart one. Everyone needs a break every now and then, especially when we're pregnant. Take it easy and have a good time! :)
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 7:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• nope just means you are going to enjoy the break!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Completely agree with the first poster. Every good mom knows when to say she needs a break, and looking forward to it is just like looking forward to a mini-vacation (even if you don't go anywhere!) I feel the same way sometimes when my MIL comes to get Kaylee for the night. Its nice to have some time to yourself and collect your thoughts for a moment.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I agree with the previous posters, please don't feel bad for being human! We all need a break, rest up and don't feel guilty!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 8:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I agree, it makes you a smart mom. I just had my mother take my daughter for 2 nights last week, and felt the same way. Then of course as soon as I dropped her off I didn't know what to do with myself. Be sure to get some rest, and don't spend the whole time cleaning like I did!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• yes
    Anonymous

• Honestly, I wish someone would take both my kids for two days, and im not pregnant!! Enjoy it, youre not going to get much sleep when that baby comes!!
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• doesnt make you a bad mom,its only a 2 day break
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• no your not a bad mom you are a tired mom enjoy your time when they come back you'll probably feel like you never had it pamper yourself girl have a good time
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• hey anon do you even have kids you know damn well your just being ignorant the girl is pregnant and worn out she needs a break thanks for your input im sure it wasn't appreciated
    Anonymous