If your pre-schooler was refused bathroom use... adult content

Today my 4 year old child(who turned 4 last week) walked in the door from school (her father picked her up) and I could immediately tell she smelled badly. I asked if she had wiped well after using the bathroom at school. She started crying and told me she went to the bathroom (bowel movement) in her panties because her teacher told her she could not go to the bathroom and she would need to wait until her next class. How would you handle this with the teacher?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Oh there would be some words exchanged.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• LOTS of words.
    But_Mommie

• I would go to the school and ask the teacher to explain. It is very likely that there was a misunderstanding. Preschool teachers do not want accidents in the pants. Approach it with an open mind.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Oh, the teacher and I would be speaking. A 4-year old is simply not physically capable of holding a body function like that for long and a PRESCHOOL teacher should KNOW that!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would go to the school and talk to the princible first. Make it known if my child needs to go to the toilet. The teacher better let her go.

Answer by louise2 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• This is ridiculous. I would go to the school and talk to the teacher and principal. No one should not be allowed to use the restroom, I definitely wouldn't take it out on her though. It wasn't her fault, it was the teachers for being inconsiderate and rude.
    twohearts0810

Answer by twohearts0810 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would be very upset if that was exactly what happened. A child should never be denied use of the bathroom. I'd not only be talking to the teacher, but the principal as well. They'd be hearing from me, for sure.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would be very pissed and would approach the teacher and ask her why, when everyone knows that 4 year olds can't hold this for long, and I would complain to the principal as well.

Answer by older at 7:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED TO YOUR POOR BABY. THERE WOULD BE HELL TO PAY & ALSO FOR HER HAVING TO SIT LIKE THAT WITH POOP? NO PHONE CALL FOR A CHANGE OF CLOTHES? OH MAMA BEAR WOULD BE ROARING LOUD! THATS BS!!! THAT TEACHER WOULD BE GETTING IT.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• pre-school really. No preschool kid should have to go through that. I'd talk to the principle and the main topic of conversation would be getting my money back and where I'll be taking her now.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2010