Anyone using or did use Ortho Evra Patch?

what were your side effects?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Health

• I have a step son thanks to the ortho evra patch, and the risk of blood clots is greater.
    Anonymous

• I loved the ortho evra patch. I had no problems with it other than itching where the patch was when I took it off. However... I did learn later that I had low progesterone/high estrogen. Its probably why I felt so great on the patch. I brought my progesterone up. As for blood clot risk, its only really an issue for people with blood clotting problems to start with... but the problem is that a lot of young people who have blood clotting problems don't know that they have blood clotting problems. So... if anyone in your family has had a history of blood clots, you should not do progestin only birth control. Actually you probably shouldn do any hormonal birth control at alll if you have a family history of blood clots.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I did.
    I was allergic to the adhesive it left welts.
    I liked it but i didnt like the residue it leaves. And I was always afraid of it falling off and me not noticing.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 8:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i used it before no side effects either
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 8:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I was on it for a yr. several years ago when it was fairly new. I loved it and had zero side effects.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 10:18 PM on Nov. 16, 2010