I stopped breastfeeding 5 months ago and thought i completly dried up... adult content

but this morning when i got up my breast were leaking, not allot just a little bit. I thought i was completly dry because i tried to express a couple of months ago just to make sure and got nothing. Is this normal and how long does it usually take to stop lactating?

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 8:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Health

• It's normal... Once you breast feed your breasts may never completely dry up. Your milk may come and go as your hormones change... OR, you could be pregnant again...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• yep my midwife said once you lactate you can always lactate...my daughter has been bottle-fed for over 3 mos now and i can still get a few drops out too
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 8:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I disagree this happened to my mom and she had a blocked duct and cyst. While it could mean your pregant again you shouldn't start leaking until 15 weeks in. Highly unlikely that your that far along.. I'd see your OBGYN or even a PCP could help diagnose you. No big deal but it needs to get treated before you get an infection or it becomes painful
    ainstalshia

Answer by ainstalshia at 8:56 AM on Nov. 17, 2010