games

My husband is takin the games away from are 4 year old son during the week he is in school my question is do u guy think its right

keona101

Asked by keona101 at 8:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Are you saying he cannot play with games on school nights? I think it is kind of young for that but you have not given too many details.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• What kind of games and why? If they're educational (help letter recognition and sound, number order and value, sorting, and other skills needed for kindergarten) then it's a bad idea. If mindless activity, I see no problem with limiting them for weekends. But your son will need something to do that is unstructured free play. Hopefully there are other things for him besides the games.
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 8:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yes school night. We give him homework ever night 2 teach him how to write his letter but he want 2 play games
    keona101

Comment by keona101 (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Well, to me 4 years old is too early to be so structured. You want him to love learning and have it be fun at this age. You could copromise and see if the games have some of the concepts on them that the other poster mentioned. I hope you are not giving him too much homework, he likes it , and you make it fun.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I don't know if I get it or not but I would say that maybe not take them away but use them as a reward for when he gets the other work done. Is he in school or is this just work you are having him do to learn?
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:32 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• What kind of games and why. Are the educational games?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i'm confused as well... at 3 and 4 kids learn through play, and if you are taking board games or educational games then i think its wrong... if your 4 year old is sitting around playing video games that don't teach him a thing, then i think it's right... but i wouldn't force "homework" either... sounds like your child isn't even in school if YOU are giving the homework... my 3 year old goes to K3... she doesn't have homework however... seems a bit young.
    play games to learn letters instead of homework.
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2010