Preggo with a yeast infection adult content

So i went to the doc about a week ago and was diagnosed with a yeast infection. I've never had a yeast infection before so idk what to think or do. I was given some pills to take for 7 days twice a day from my obgyn. but idk if i should be having sex with the hubby or not? and if so will it effect him. I was told the baby is fine, but i worry. should I was my undies a certain way or should i throw them in the trash? should I wash down under with just water or soap and if so what kind of soap?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Health

• do your wash the same way you do all your laundry also you can take cranberry pills it will stop yest infections
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 8:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I never had them til I was prego either. Just wash your undies the same way you normally would. If the meds don't deal with it you can use OTC Monistat from the drug store. As for sex, I didn't, I wouldn't, your DH CAN get it, and can give it back to you, although most times it doesn't happen, it can, so why risk it?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:29 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I used monostate when I got one during my pregnancy, It is a cream you use vaginaly. you can get it at about every grocery store and Walmart. It helps! also you can give the yeast infection to your husband so I would wait till it is gone. Also don't worry the baby is fine, this is something a lot of woman go through, You can get it
    from not using the restroom after sex. Hope this helped
    toriturtle

Answer by toriturtle at 8:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• well I probably had it for a while till i went to my monthly check up and im concern my hubby may have it. he has been itching a bit what should i do? he doesn't have insurance like i do. also what should i do so the recovery can go by faster? any advice on that
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Info on male yeast infections:

http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=UTF-8&fr=crmas&p=male+yeast+infection
    Anonymous