Snack ideas for a kindergarten class?

It is my son's turn for snacks this week. I have snacks for everyday except for tomorrow. I have tomorrow off and wanted to make something special and take it to the classroom, however, I have no idea what to bring. It can't have nuts in it at all and there is one girl with a milk/cheese allergy but the teacher said I could bring something seperate for her if I need too. Also, no cupcakes, cookies, or just sweets. Any ideas?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 8:29 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• How about some sort of fruit and string cheese? For the girl with the milk/cheese allergy you could substitute pretzels or something. i just actually bought a box of like 30 clementines at the grocery store for $6. Those would be an easy idea, and they're kid sized. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• fresh fruit cut up in different shapes with small cookie cutters and caramel dip (just check for milk in the dip). Make your own mini pizzas with biscuit crust. Or you could get a gingerbread house kit, they can build it then eat it. Or decorate a gingerbread man cookie, that's always fun.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• a lot of little ones don't like gingerbread cookies i like the fruit ideas (i am studying early childhood development in college) another idea i learned in field experience is mini vanilla waffers and frosting the kids will love it
    nandy90

Answer by nandy90 at 8:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i absolutely love vanilla waffers and frosting, that for the reminder about it nandy90
    id go with that idea for snack and some fruit. i also loved half frozen bananas dipped in different types of ceral, they get to chose. i worked at a preschool and they loved this
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Grapes, gold fish, cantalope, vanilla wafers, pretzels,
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would just pick up a fresh fruit tray from the local grocer , gram crackers, every kid likes nilla wafers
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 9:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Something simple, that wont get the kids arguring over who has the bigger piece or why someone got the color green and they have red. Im always for healthy snacks like pineapple or lunch meat with cream cheese rolled up. I work at an elementary school and boy to kids fight about the smallest things lol.
    RhiannaSanchez

Answer by RhiannaSanchez at 10:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Graham crackers. Apple slices, Carrots and ranch dip or no dip. Pretzles. Nilla Wafers and pudding. APplesauce cups. Mini muffins (blueberry, banana, pumpkin). Pear slices, mandarin orange cups.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2010