really confused?

ok so my body has been acting really funny. i fell like i am prego, i mean breast ave gotten larger, and tender,nipples changes, appiteite has changed,sex drive has drastically inscreased, mood swings, nauseu,heartburn, and a few other things. Im so confused i havent had any spotting or a period since labor day this past year and yet every prego test{urine and blood} come back negative what in the world could be going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you have had a blood test come back negative then your doctor should know your concerns. I would bring it up to him again.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• You can ask for a vaginal exam. If you're pregnant, your cervix will appear purple. I don't remember what week it's visible, but it gets there, sometime during the first trimester.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I had 7 urine test and two blood test come back negative. I knew I was pregnant and was mad that no one believed me. Go to your doctor and tell him/her how you feel and ask for another test. I finally showed up pregnant on a blood test at 12 weeks :O
    takeadeepbreath

Answer by takeadeepbreath at 8:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I forgot to add, that I had a test to show if I ovulated or not and that came back negative as well. My son is now 13 years old! The baby that didn't happen...lol
    takeadeepbreath

Answer by takeadeepbreath at 8:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Take your time, and eventually you will either bleed or pop out a baby..

You're most likely not going to go full term without a positive test somewhere.

Or you're either dreading or wanting to be pregnant and it's giving you all your symptoms without a baby to show for it. Happens..
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 8:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• thank you so much takeadeepbreath, i am really worried about this bc we both are certain i am but everything keeps coming back negative. i feel so upset that no one believes me and so stressed. my doc had said that if i had not menstrated within a month from this past monday that i would have to go back in....im just concerned that if i do have a baby in there that he/she isnt getting everything they may need if they arent showing up, or that there maybe something more going on that is making me feel prego
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Take it easy, and take care of yourself. If there is a baby in there it will be fine. Not everyone or everything fits into a box, sometimes unique things happen. Don't stress out, just wait until your next dr appt.
    takeadeepbreath

Answer by takeadeepbreath at 8:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• if ur diabetic sometimes it dont show that ur prego thats what happened to my aunt.
    Hyde3

Answer by Hyde3 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Take prenatals. They will not hurt you if you are not pregnant. What TYPE of blood test has your doctor been doing? There are two types of blood pregnancy tests. (Take it from a lab geek) There is the serology, or the blood serum pregnancy test that is just a positive or a negative, similar to a urine pregnancy test. There are the HCG quantatative and qualitative also. Somewhat the same tests, but one tells you EXACTLY how much HCG is in your blood, and the other tells you roughly how much HCG you have in your blood. I am sure that your doctor is doing the right testing (Well, I would HOPE, but I have met some dumb doctors!!) I would ask him WHAT type of tests he ran and what the EXACT results were. Some doctors say that less than or equal to 10hcg is a negative, and some say that less than or equal to 5hcg is negative. Good luck. Stay vigilant about your needs, concerns and medical testings.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 9:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2010