very fustrated ..i caught my 5yo son with his hand down my 3yro cousin panties .. !!!!????

so im very concerned about this i talked to him and asked him why did he do dat but i ws talkin calm i didnt want to scare him and start yellin and screamin my head .. even thou i wanted to .. but all he said its cause she wouldnt leave me alone she kept following me .. i dont think he knows he did something wrong .i mean i dont know wat to think i asked him if anyone ever do dat to me and he said no .. so can some 1 plz tell me wat to think about this , this is all ive been thinking about all day ..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I would have him talk to a professional. I really don't believe that kind of behavior is normal for a 5 year old. Any chance he has ever been molested?
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 8:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Mom, total normal curiosity, nothing to get bend out of shape for, just explain to him that their private parts are only touched by them and not anyone else.

Answer by older at 8:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Don't overreact. Children are curious. Talk to him about private parts though.
    Anonymous

• what exactly was he doing? was he just curious? Have you talked to him about keeping his body parts private, keeping his hands to himself, and respecting other people's space?
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 8:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Lmao! I love how I was voted down. I really don't believe this situation should be taken lightly. JMO.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 8:54 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I agree with most of what already written. I was babysitting a 6 YO boy, 5 YO girl, and a 18 mo old. While putting to baby down for a nap I realized the other two had gotten very quite. I found them in the bathroom. She had her skirt pulled up and panties 'round her ankles while the boy had his pants down and his hands on his knees staring right at her private area. I was 19 at the time and simply told them to come out and play where I could see them. I told their parents and let them handle it but even then I wasn't worried, kids are curious all the time. My son is already infatuatied with his 'ting ting' and he's only 2.5. At least now you can begin to lay the ground work for him to have a health outlook on his body parts.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 9:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• make sure he knows to keep his hands to himself especially when private parts are concerned
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• sounds like he has seen this behavior elsewhere....could he have walked in on you and your SO??? he probably has no idea it was 'wrong' or bad....curiosity and experimentation....it makes us adults really uncomfortable but we have to remember how naive they are...definitely talk to him about it tho and maybe get a book with pictures to make sure he understands
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Let him know that it isn't appropriate to do that, especially with a family member.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Actually, it's totally normal behavior for a 5 year old. It is time to talk to him about body parts, privacy and boundaries and who is allowed to touch privates and make sure you use correct terms for private parts. Just went over this in class tonight. We had a lecture about sexual abuse and what to look for, what is normal and what isn't. A child being curious does NOT mean a child has been exposed to anything inappropriate and does not mean he or she has been molested.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2010