purity

My oldest son is turning 12 in December. I was thinking about teaching him, he is my oldest, about courtship over dating. Do you think this is realistic?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Absolutely! More moms need to make this commitment, and stop the madness.
    kristinas8

Answer by kristinas8 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I think in today's world its a nice idea but to have a girl actually be receptive to having a suitor and not a boyfriend is not likely. However, it would definitely not hurt to teach him the respectful things he can do to woo a girl.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My husband courted me first, granted we live our lives like we just stepped straight out of 1918 except with better technology and way more chic clothes but anyways. I agree teach him how to properly woo a respectable woman, because only a respectable young woman would be receptive to those sort of advances. We need more parents to do what you are doing, take the time to teach their children purity and the appropriate way to date. unfortuanetly these days people are to busy trying to keep food on the table.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 9:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I think it is absolutely realistic.
    lae26

Answer by lae26 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• While my experience to courtship is limited, I like the idea. But to think of marrying someone without ever kissing them, or agreeing to marry someone before you really know them, and THEN start dating them, is so foreign to me. I personally do not encourage courtship as the only way to choose a spouse...courtship is part of marriage and dating, and I don't think one has to be exclusive of the other. If it's what you want to teach, by all means, teach it, but I would definitely want some guidance on how to do so for the 21st century.
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 12:57 AM on Nov. 4, 2008