I officially hate Babies R Us... Who's with me? **More of a vent than anything**

So, we never shopped at any of the "R Us" stores because we always found better options elsewhere. But I was given a $25 gift card for Babies R Us, so I figured I would use it, why not, right? Free stuff is always good...

The company where I get all my baby stuff said their stuff was available at a Babies R Us which is about 45 mins from me (the only one near me). So, I drove out... As it turns out, they do not carry ANYTHING from that company, nor do they carry cloth diapers, diaper sprayers or anything else I actually need... What they did have was junk at 3 times the price of any other store...

I was seriously upset... So, I got each of my boys a mug with their name and a box of breast pads... That was it... $25 for two cups & some cloth pads... Really? Why did I even waste the gas?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Shopping

• i've found some good deals there, actually. I shop there every once in a while. I know exactly which mugs you're talking about too, and they're so cute, lol! They don't have my son's name though, of course. I've found BuyBuy Baby to be worse. They are way over-priced.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I hear ya. Babies R Us sounds like an enjoyable store to shop at until you see the prices. Why does it cost more if it's smaller?
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 8:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I'm with ya on the expensive thing! I saw a stroller I fell in love with-orange- and then looked at the price tag....$700! No way!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Oh...and next time you should just sell the gift card on eBay. I have actually seen gift cards go higher than the amount on the card, as weird as that is, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• If you think Babies R Us is expensive, go visit a BuyBuyBaby store....unbelievable.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I never heard of BuyBuyBaby... That's a new one...

And yeah, if I had thought about it and had I known they didn't have what I wanted, I would have just sold the damn thing... But I won it, so I figured I'd use it...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 8:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• bumped ya...I hate Toys r Us too. Lousy service, lousy return policy, lousy stock at Christmas time. It's like they try to hire the most incompetent.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:57 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yeah, I haven't been to a Toys R Us since I was a kid... Now I know for sure to avoid Babies R Us too, And I'll just avoid Kids R Us out of common sense! lol!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I won't go back there, their registry process is awful.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:49 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I alway thought they were pricey too, but the clothes were really cute. I wonder how much of diapers and formula and baby food they actually sell when you can get it at target and Costco for way cheaper.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 5:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2010