Does anybody think maybe heavy bleeding and cramping can still be okay during a pregnancy?

Does anyone have any stories of reassurance that maybe I may still have a chance at being pregnant?

SamanthaV31692

Asked by SamanthaV31692 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Seriously? I'm sorry, honey, but that's not looking good. :( I hope I'm wrong, but I would give you midwife/doctor a call asap. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• First of all you do need to go to your doctor, they can do an ultrasound to determine if you are indeed still pregnant. Just 2 weeks ago one of my coworkers who is 8 weeks pregnant started to bleed heavily and was cramping. They did an ultrasound and found that the placenta was separating from the uterus, but the baby's heart beat was good. She is still doing well, but the doctors are keeping a close eye on her as she could still loose the baby and at this early stage there is nothing they can do. As of yesterday baby is beating 151 beats a minute :)
    takeadeepbreath

Answer by takeadeepbreath at 9:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• thanks..
    SamanthaV31692

Comment by SamanthaV31692 (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I just found out i was pregnant a few days ago and havent even been to a doctor yet.. idk what to do.. I dont know a good doctor to go to.
    SamanthaV31692

Comment by SamanthaV31692 (original poster) at 9:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i bled through comforter at 15 weeks
    was scanned, told total placenta previa, told i would bleed again, told when i bleed, doctor may have to take baby, and if heavy bleed/hemmorage, doctor would do hestorectomy
    i did not bleed once after that, did have to have c section one month early
    but daughter was fine
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• my coworker was in the same exact boat. She went to the ER.
    takeadeepbreath

Answer by takeadeepbreath at 9:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• ps
    i did not have cramps when i bled
    and had to take it very easy during whole rest of pregnancy

praying for you
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have a reassuring story. I was 9 weeks pregnant with my youngest son, and started hemorrhaging, this was beyond heavy bleeding. The doctor saw me immediately, he examined me, told me he was sorry, but that I'd lost the baby. My ultra sound was scheduled for an hour later. He told me to go to the ultra-sound, then meet him at the hospital for a D & C. Well, at the ultra sound the technician told me that I hadn't lost the baby, and showed me his heartbeat. I was sent back to the office. they put me on progesterone, so there is something they can sometimes do. I hemorrhaged again 6 weeks later, and they told me to stay off my feet, and continue taking the progesterone.

I had a beautiful healthy 8 lb 12 oz baby boy. If they examine you and tell you you've lost the baby, tell them you want an ultrasound to be sure.

Good Luck, I hope things turn out as well for you!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Thank you everyone. I am not having cramps as of today, but the bleeding has gotten heavier. If it gets worse, my husband will take me to the ER when he gets home from work this evening. And I am going to see a doctor tomorrow first thing.
    SamanthaV31692

Comment by SamanthaV31692 (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• The best thing to do is to see a doctor. They can assess your hcg levels to see if they indicate a healthy pregnancy, and can do an u/s if you are far enough for them to assess the baby that way. I did have bleeding (and sometimes heavy bleeding) in two pregnancies that ended well- one was due to borderline placenta previa where the placenta separated from the wall of the uterus and the other was subchorionic hematoma (blood clot in the lining of the uterus bleeding out.)
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:25 PM on Nov. 16, 2010