5yr olds eyes...

My 5yr old is in kindergarten, she has been complaining of headachs lately so I talked to her nurse who did her screening and they said her vision is 20/30 which is passing for Kindergarten, but not for driving (I know I know shes 5) do you think I should take her to a professional to have her eyes checked?
Thanks for the Advise

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Health

• I would. A school nurse screens them, she is not an eye doctor. An eye doctor would be able to tell you so much more.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would... especially is she has headaches... I wouldn't trust a school eye exam.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Abosutely. It certainly couldn't hurt. The nurse is great and all and can pick up major problems. My daughter has perfect vision but she has a lazy eye which causes her headaches and her eyes to over work. I would take her in and see what they say.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yes, your child doesn't know what "normal" is. If he si getting headaches def get him tested. Try to find one that specializes in kids.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yes I would take her to an eye doctor. I have terrible vision and would always get headaches, especially at school, from straining to see. An eye doctor can give you a more accurate diagnosis.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yes I would turned out my dd needed glasses :/
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2010