Potty Training HELP!!

I have a 2 year old daughter whom I believe is ready to be potty trained. Her diaper is always dry. He's unable to really tell me when she has to poop or pee she still doesn't understand that. I've tried "showing her" but not workin. An I'm working on watxhig to see when she poops and smacking her up and running to the potty but I'm lost. I need some advice how'd u do it?!

Mommy2Layla08

Asked by Mommy2Layla08 at 9:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• smacking her up? I'm a little confused. But anyhoo, she may be a little small yet, so don't freak out if she doesn't do it right away. Personally I m trying the 3 day potty training method with my son, and it's going really well! We have been battling with him for awhile but this really seems to be working.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Bahahaha I ment snaching her up*
    Mommy2Layla08

Comment by Mommy2Layla08 (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• oh, lol. I was hoping that was a typo!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I waited until mine turned 3. But what I did was wait until I had 3 days to stay home and do nothing. I put them right in undies and never went back. I bought their favorite character underwear. I took them every 1/2 hour - 45 minutes the first day. Be very positive. You can give M&Ms when they go. I put them in diapers at night. The next day I took them every hour or so. There were accidents the first day, but much less the second day. By day 3 they were trained. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I'm a sahm so Thats easy but the m&ms thing isnt gamma work I don't think Bc we have a never ending flow of m&ms in our house so she get a small handful like everyday she is trained on them for other things lol I know she's ready I just dot know how to shoe her hey look what u should do! She talks and tell me thi gs like juice and eat and she calls her binky and blanky when she wants them but how do I convince her that what she's been doing her while life is wrong LoL
    Mommy2Layla08

Comment by Mommy2Layla08 (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Google potty readiness signs and three-day training method.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:54 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• It starts by you putting her on the potty, not her telling you when. That comes later. But if she is barely talking, I would wait another 6 months. What's the rush?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Haha google isthe easy way out I wanteto hear from real mommys! And unfortunately there is a rush. I can no longer afford diapers. My hubby was diagnosed with a rare cancer a few months ago and is fighting for disability and our income was cut in half! We barley have enough money for bulls let alone diapers and food. It's ridiculous. It's just another bill I can eliminate
    Mommy2Layla08

Comment by Mommy2Layla08 (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• And I put her in the pity a few times threw ouhe day. When I think she's going to pop but she ha yet to actually go
    Mommy2Layla08

Comment by Mommy2Layla08 (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We used real underwear on DD. Took her a month and she was solid. (took extra due to the poop issue).
    She was almost 3.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 10:18 PM on Nov. 16, 2010