i lost my mucus plug with a bit of blood very light pink, does that mean i'm going to go into labor soon?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No, it could still take a couple of weeks before you go into labor. Sorry if that disapppoints you!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• It could, or it couldnt, some people loose it right before, sometimes it can take weeks as the previous poster said.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 9:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• If you are feeling crampy and it continues than yes it could be very soon. I lost mine 8 weeks before and it regenerated right before delivery. Sometimes it doesn't come out until labor. It varies.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• well with my son i lost my mucus plug with a lil blood also and a few hours later i was in full blown labor so you could be ready now or a few days from now either way good luck :)
    mari2120

Answer by mari2120 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I agree with others, there's really no way to know. You could go soon, or nothing could happen for weeks.
    kathy5980

Answer by kathy5980 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• With my first, I lost my plug at 36 or 37 weeks, and no labor by my C-section at 39 weeks.

With my second, I lost my plug Friday night and all day Saturday, and went into labor Saturday night.

So labor could happen soon. Or it might not. That's not a sure sign either way.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• It's different for everyone. It def. means no more baths, swimming, sex.. The mucus plug is what protects the uterus from any bacteria etc from entering during pregnancy. The pink or "bloody show" as they used to call it are very normal... Good Luck..
    myangels41

Answer by myangels41 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2010