do your kids see you in your underwear

Do your kids ever see you in your undies, does it phase you at all? During the past few weeks, my son has seen me in my undies several times, i was always like ooops soory babe, my son never really seemed to care, today afterwork I was getting ready to go to dinner and , I was in my bra and panties, putting my make up on, my son walked in my room, grabbed his shirt that was in the basket ironed it came back in and struck up a conversation with me while I was in my undies! Is this odd or not he is 15 years old?

Cshaw73

Asked by Cshaw73 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• You and your son need therapy. I am sick of hearing about your son issues. You post this same crap a lot. Stop it. Either you are a troll or you are sick. either way...shoo.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I think it's odd. My son does not see me in my underwear. My 5 year old son still does, my 15 year old, no way.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My son is 9 and he is really embarrassed when he accidently walks in on me in my underwear. Every kid is different, though.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My kids are girls and they don't see me without my clothes, I don't think it's healthy for a parent-child relationship.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• No, it's not odd. He just doesn't care that you're not dressed, it doesn't mean anything negative neccisarily. I would be uncomfortable with it, but clearly he wasn't. You're his mom, he probably didn't think anything of it. I personally try not to show my kids anything but me fully dressed. My kids are only toddlers, but to me even as they get older they shouldn't see that. I'm just uncomfortable with it, so I try to stay covered.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• No never, i don't even let my 9yo
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 10:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yes, my 14 yr old has seen me in my underware, NOT a big deal. We just don't make a big deal out of it. I don't freak out and neither does he. I have raised him to NOT be embarrassed by his body or the human body in general. The US is the only country that has issues with the human body. It's not gross, sick or anything like that. It is not abusive if it is not forced. I don't do it on purpose but if he sees me, not a big deal.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I'm rarely in much more than undies & a nightgown when I'm home... They see me in my undies all the time, hell, they see me getting in and out of the shower or getting dressed at least once a day... And no, they aren't phased, neither am I... I don't believe in hiding the human body, or that it's in some way wrong to have it seen... Hopefully they will grow up feeling the same way.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:08 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't have sons, but 2 daughters. They have seen my in my underwear and my 3 year old has taken showers with me on the rare occasion where there isn't time the night before. I don't think it is a big deal and I don't snap at them about it because I don't want them to be embarrassed about their bodies or think it is something to be ashamed of.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:46 AM on Nov. 17, 2010