What do you think about parents that walk completly nude around their kids in their home? adult content

I saw this episode on the Tyra banks show about nudist and was shocked. Do you think this is ok? Wouldn't it affect the kids? Give me your take on this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• If you grow up like that..it isn't weird. It is just normal. Like clothes. We are conditioned to want clothes. Not a lifestyle for me, but, I can't condemn those that do.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I personally don't understand the desire to be naked in front of other people. I would feel much more comfortable in clothes...not to mention I don't think any child wants to see their parents naked. I walked in on my mom getting out of the shower once and hated it! Haha but yeah...I don't know what other people think.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Personally I wouldn't do that. Our whole family values our privacy and nobody wants to see anyone else's nude body. But there are quite a few people who insist that we should all be nude and if we aren't running around at home naked,that we are uptight prudes. LOL. It is all a matter of choice.And propriety. The only people who ever saw my naked body after I was about 5 were my ex-DH and Doctors.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i do but my child is three and a girl, but starting to try to teach her to knock on bathroom door when i am in ther
    funny, she does not walk into bathroom when others are in there
    - little stinker
    she now walks in, closes door then knocks and walks in
    still trying to make her wait, until i say come in-lol

as for nudists, no, i am not one, can not see it for me, but i was not raised that way
    i know in Europe, people more accepting of sexuality and nude is just nude, but most likely not totally ok to walk around kids like that either, more like change into swim suit, well, just do it and think nothing of it

ramble ramble ramble fiatpax=lol
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I never thought about it. It's is there house and there kids so why not. Not every household is the same. How would it effect the kids. Oddly enough my father never wanted us to walk around in our underware in front of my little brother. He was scared that my brother would get so used to seeing womens body at an early age that he wouldn't be interested in women in the future. I still did I was a free spirit.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I think thats a hard question to answer, i have a daughter so if i change while shes in the room or leave the door open when im in the shower in case she needs to come in i think its fine, but her dad always has clothes on because shes a girl and its just not right in our opinion for her to see him walking around in boxers.
    RhiannaSanchez

Answer by RhiannaSanchez at 10:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I agree with Bradenismyson. We are conditioned to want clothes, that's not the "natural" thing though. I don't walk around nude in front of my kids, but I also wouldn't freak out if they walked into the bathroom on accident or something while I was in there. Nudity is natural, and it's not always sexual.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I don't think it effects the kids in any way, but I still don't agree with it. I don't think a child needs to see my naked body. That's my body that I should only show to myself and if he's lucky my husband. Haha I don't think kids should know the details of their parent's naked body. In a nudist colony I can understand them feeling differently though. I don't think it will harm a child emotionally or mentally unless that child is forced into a sexual act or forced to whitness something they shouldn't. Just the naked body as an image, although not something they'd want to see, won't harm them. I don't think.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i don't prance around nude all the time..but i will take my clothes off to get in the shower and i will get out and be nude in my room..if my son (age 6) happens to walk in i don't make a big deal out of it and neither does he. He is also the same way
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i dont walk around nude all the time, but i like to. i think that its important to teach my children that it is ok to be proud of your body. i also think it is a good way to encourage them not to view it as a sexual thing. now, since my kids are growing more, i wear more clothes. but i dont want them to feel unconfortable in any situation. whether it be with their own body or mine.
    Anonymous