What, in your opinion, is the worst thing that could happen if all abortions were outlawed with the exception of danger to the life of the mother? adult content

tinamatt

Asked by tinamatt at 10:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• People would do what they did before they were legal. There would be women dying from coat hanger abortions, and foreign country revenue would go up because they will all go somewhere else to get it done.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• 4Million more unwanted children enter an already over packed system every year. More child abuse, more child neglect, more over packed under funded group homes... Oh, then there are the back alley abortion attempts which will not only kill the babies, but many times the mothers as well... Those that don't die from their mothers attempts end up severely injured - brain damage, physical problems and a much higher chance of illness and infection... Really... Not so wonderful stuff...

Keep Abortion Legal!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• teens tring to do their own abortion or have someone not trained and risk her life
    or have babies they don't want and abuse or mistreat them
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 10:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• There are so many terrible outcomes that come to mind.
    1. Back alley abortions...do I need to say more?
    2. More children enter an already very fucked up foster or adoptive family system
    3. Women feel backed into a corner, and are FORCED into motherhood.
    4. More babies born and put into dumpsters, etc.
    I can't even go on anymore.. I think you get my point.
    Girlsabadfish

Answer by Girlsabadfish at 10:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• probably a lot of deaths for the mommy as they do it any way. if you want an abortion, youll find a way to get it.
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Interesting how there is a high level of belief that it could be this bad.
    How about what is the best thing that could happen if abortion were legal?
    What you believe you empower so if you all believe these things will happen you empower it.
    Why not believe positive things and empower that instead.
    With the right training, the right teaching, I believe there would be less pregnancies! Abortions rose because people realised ok so if I get pregnant I can just get rid of it. We need to turn that around and empower the positive like this... If I get pregnant I am going to be responsible for this baby and my life will change ... then they will learn to say no to sex until the right time ( perferably marriage)
    There is power in the words you say :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:07 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Back alley abortions. Coat hangers. The final scene in the movie Revolutionary Road. That sort of stuff. Worst case scenario.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I am Pro-Life but I agree that things would probably be much worse if abortions were illegal. I would rather someone abort a baby in early pregnancy that birth their baby and throw them in the trash. However, Girlsabadfish, I'm going to have to disagree with your statement that women will be FORCED into motherhood. Unless they were raped, no one FORCED them to have unprotected sex, or any sex at all for that matter. If you don't want a baby, take your damn birth control pill every day for crying out loud. I'm sorry but when someone acccidentally gets pregnant by their own stupidity to not use some form of birth control, I will NEVER have sympathy or say that they were FORCED into motherhood. I got pregnant when I was 20 because I was stupid and didn't use protection, but I was not FORCED into motherhood. It was a result of my CHOICE to have sex unprotected. I wouldn't except anyone to feel bad for me for my own decision.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I believe the answer is yes kerpilu..I think most sexually active females would choose to be more careful if not abstain.Yes, we'd still have some who wouldn't act responsibly but for the most part I have more faith in us women (young and old) that if abortion was not an option most would be more careful.

I agree with Shan and it starts at home
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:23 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• women who were raped and became pregnant would have to live with their rape for nine months,
    they would have to make an impossible decission to give away their child or keep their child

and of course coat hanger sales would go through the roof
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2010