My son who is 1yr old has a lump (cyst) on his finger....

My son has a lump I'm thinking it's a cyst on his finger. Has anyone has something like this with their child and if so what procedure has to take place? Do they make it smaller or remove it?

Jenaiko01

Asked by Jenaiko01 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Health

• My husband had something similar when he was a kid and had it taken off. My mother in law also did- hers was painful so she was glad to have it removed.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My grandson is six. About 2 yrs ago he had one appear on top of his wrist. The Dr. just had it xrayed. She confirmed it was a cyst and wanted to just watch it. It was not painful. About a year later we realized one day it was gone. They repeated the xray and it was totally gone. I'd just mention it to the Dr. It may just be self limiting and bears watching.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My son as had this cyst ever since he was about 6months whenI noticed it. I thought it was a bump, like he got bit. Then recently I was looking at his hands and was shocked it was still thier and got a little bigger.
    Jenaiko01

Comment by Jenaiko01 (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would def. have the pediatrician take a look. Chances are good it is nothing, but I wouldn't ignore it until the Dr. looks at it. Does he have full range of motion in the finger?
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2010