anybody want to just stay home on christmas?

My husband and I have had a horrible year. We just want to stay hm with the kids and enjoy being a family on christmas. Anybody else been there? And accomplished this w/o hurting people,s feelings. Like my parents...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Holidays

• I can sympathise with you. Our year has not been without its downside. Yes, we would love to stay home. But everyone wants us at their houses. It's frustrating. Some relatives do understand what we want even though they have their own wants. Others have a freak out, accuse us of hating them and think we need to spend the entire holiday with them. I want our kids to jump out of their own beds and open our presents to them at our house on Christmas morning. When the suggestion came about to take our presents to their house, we had a little talk about us being our own little family too and deserving to have some amount of the holiday as we wanted.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I stay home every year... My DH takes the kids to his SILs... I get a long quiet day with takeout... LOOOVE IT!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We are having a quiet Christmas Eve at home. Christmas day will be a lot of run around though. Honestly I am okay with that, for it would not feel like Christmas without being around family.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:54 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We have been staying home for Christmas and all holidays for the past 7 years and absolutely love it. Parents and family will be upset at first but they will adjust. I realized it was more important for me and my family to be happy than everyone else.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We do... I host my side of the family Christmas dinner a few weeks early...
    We will be doing my MIL's on Christmas Eve...
    Christmas Day is the 3 of us and our non traditional dinner ...
    I simply tell the families "It's simple, Christmas is for us, no running, no traveling, home,
    pj day, our grandson enjoying his gifts and us actually having NO stress"
    We have been staying home now for the past 5 yrs now...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:12 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• We live too far from our families to go home for christmas, so we are always home on Christmas. I love it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:18 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Grrr. I am jealous sabrina.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• we always stay home we visit after christmas days later
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 11:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We always stay home on Christmas day. When the kids were little, I wanted them to wake up and open their gifts in their own home and have a day to relax with us. Since I'm the only child around my parents, sometimes they come over for dinner, sometimes it's just us. Then we visit the inlaws, etc. on other days, a lot of times we spend New Year's eve with them.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:21 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• We never leave the house on Christmas so its not a problem for us.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:24 AM on Nov. 17, 2010