• In the Spotlight:

my dr wants me to take a hsg test to check if my tubes aren't block, but suggested i take it while on my period. Do I have to be on my period or can it be right before or after?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't think you HAVE to have it done while your on your period but some doctors believe the results are more clear and less likely to interfer with ovulation if it's done on your period.

Depending on how long your cycle is doing it just after your period could fall during an ovulation time and doing it just before could interfer with a pregnancy.

That's what I've read anyways.
    Anonymous

• I'd go with whatever your doctor recommends. I don't see why it couldn't be done before or after though. However if they unblock them on your cycle they will be clear for your next ovulation so you might end up pregnant right after.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:36 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I had this test done this week and had to have it between cycle day 6 and 10 so as not to have it done during my period and not to interfere with my ovulation day either. I will be ovulating in 3 more days so the timing couldn't be more perfect for us as we were told to try and BD as much as possible this week to increase our chances for conception this month!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 1:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Im sure the doctor knows what he is doing. Maybe he checking
    the flow. that way he can tell if it blocked
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2010