What can we do on New Years Eve that is....

kid friendly but still allows us to dress up and have some fun. I was thinking dinner but I am sure there is more out there that I don't know about. Please share your experience or ideas. Thanks!

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 10:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• we do dinner and play cards, some ppl drink, and have games. theres also fun thigns for the kids, games coloring movies..
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 10:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• 2boysmommy had a great idea!! Host a get together, rent some kid friendly movies, hire a sitter to help them get snacks and everything. How fun is that!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We have, for the past few years, gotten together with friends. We go to someone's house and either order food, or everyone brings something. We play games, sit and talk, while the kids play and have fun. Then we usually turn the TV on around 11:30 and we get all the party hats out. At midnight we watch the ball drop and wish everyone a Happy New Year. Usually we sleep over as well.

I also know that in our area we have whats called First Night. The city has a whole day of celebration going on and then they fo fire works at 6:15. I have heard that is a lot of fun depending on the age of your children.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• If you allow your children to stay up until the midnight mark.... my mom use to count down with us and then open the door and bang on pots and pans! I loved it when I was a kid.
    MarahMama

Answer by MarahMama at 11:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I make a big yummy dinner. My nephews are here and my MIL. After dinner everyone dances or plays games while I pt fresh homemade cookies in the oven. I serve a bunch of desserts cake, cookies and ice cream. We dim the lights, take out glow sticks and create a club in the living room. Of course we countdown tomidnigt and celebrate. All the kids love it.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 16, 2010