Anyone read this in USA Today this morning?

Nine garbage bags full of voter registration information was found along the highway outside of Tampa. Inside the questionaires listed name, address, telephone number, who they planned to vote for, and do they need a ride to their polling place Tuesday. The debate at my office is whether these bags were ACORN information (As the CEO of ACORN, during his interview with Neil Cavuto three weeks ago, described this as their "voter registration form")
BTW, before anyone goes off on me for not researching, I WATCHED that interview. I have no life, so I watch the news :-) And occasionally read Wikipedia.

plylerjones

Asked by plylerjones at 8:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Do you have a link? It was a little hard to follow you..
    Why are there ASSUMPTIONS that ACORN has anything to do with this?
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 8:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I live in the Tampa Bay area and this did break today, but there was no mention of Acorn. As a matter of fact, the local news channel stated that the dot planned to shred the papers and currently had them stored in a warehouse, no sensitive information was on these papers other than name and address.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 8:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• msmoody - go to USAToday.com. It was in the News section, the link along the top of the page.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• msmoody - or even better, go to ecola.com. It is a global newspaper link - you can read newspapers or magazines from almost every country in the world. The Tampa newspapers would probably have more in depth coverage than USA Today, which is remarkably liberal and by no means unbiased.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• When you first posted this I went to USA today's website and it's not there.....I Just looked that the second website you suggested ecola.com... and I don't even know where to beginning to look for it.

It's not unreasonable for someone to ask for a web link to the news story so they can read it for themselves.....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• hang on ladies, let me dig around on USA Today. I read it at 3 this afternoon when the rush in my office died down, and their web site changes their headlines alot during the day. Also, I'll find the link to Tampa's paper.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/11/voter-informati.html

That was on USA Today's website under the "News" section, as the OP mentioned in a previous reply.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/breakingnews/2008/11/voter-documents.html

This links to the story as covered by the St. Petersburg Times which was pulled from ecola.com, as the OP also mentioned in a previous reply.

Though each one links to a blog--both stories are written by staff members of USA Today and the Times, and the story is the only thing printed (there's no personal commentary left from a blog host/site.)
    Anonymous

• Thanks, anon 8:39 - thought I was losing my mind!
    No, the commentary about ACORN's involvement was something we were kicking around at my office today - I'm the only republican in a bank full of democrats who never heard of ACORN or Neil Cavuto (they watch stuff like Project Runway and Survivor)! We like to keep trying to change each others' minds. So far, no luck on either side! ah well.....
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• glad anon 839 took care of that for you, plylerjones..i swear, sometimes all these links drive me crazy...how am i supposed to know, if i watch something on tv, that i'll be quizzed about the website/link later on CM? lmao (not everyone keeps their heads online, ladies, so you'll have to excuse some of us for not being able to spit out a link at a moments notice.)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2008