advertising?

Is there a place on here where I can advertise my new business? I think I have seen people talking about something like this before but can't rememeberor maybe I just had seen someone ask the same question.

MelSwim7

Asked by MelSwim7 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• BUMPED, Cause I wanna now the answer to.
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• According to the cafemom guidelines:

Advertising and promotions are allowed ONLY on your profile page, in Journal posts (flagged for the Marketplace), or in groups that allow advertising. You may not PM or Chatterbox your advertisements to other members unless they specifically request information about it.

Advertising includes:

• Work-at-home businesses

• Products that you are selling (personal or professional)

• Job opportunities

• Charities and charitable causes

• Promoting another website (personal, non-business websites are not advertising)

• Promoting your entry in a contest (e.g,. "vote for my baby in the cutest baby contest on xyz.com!")

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:24 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• CafeMom group promotions are not considered advertisements. However, each CafeMom group can only be promoted in a Journal Post once a day. Each person can promote a maximum of three different groups a day. And each group can be promoted to a member in a PM only once. Group promotions do not need to be flagged for the Marketplace.

Pyramid schemes and cash gifting scams are illegal and posting information about these schemes anywhere on CafeMom is prohibited.

In addition, posts soliciting or advertising the availability of children for adoption are not permitted on CafeMom.

There are many things that members are prohibited from listing for sale on CafeMom. Since we're not really a buying/selling site, we rely on Craigslist's list of prohibited or restricted items. In general it's alway

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:25 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Oops, sorry the last bit got cut off.

In general it's always safest for you to complete transactions involving money or exchanges on websites that are set up for that - like Craigslist, Ebay, Paypal, etc.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:26 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• You can find some sites that offer free advertising in my Blog,  Mavi's Home Work.  I have bookmarked that post for you:  Free Classifieds

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:50 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Cafemom tends to frown on that.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• You can advertise in groups that allow it, your journal (one post per day) and on your profile page.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2010