Gay question #7,678,542 (for this month).

Well, there have been a lot of them, lol. Now I have one of my own.

I'm asking this out of pure interest, not to put down anyone's beliefs.

For those that say that gay marriage makes their marriage mean less, how so? How does it devalue your own marriage if gay couples are allowed to marry?

I'm married, and I just can't see how two men or two women getting married changes my relationship and marriage with my husband at all. Am I missing something? Please, tell me, what can I expect to happen in my marriage if gay marriage becomes legal where I live?

I guess I'll stick this in Religious Debate, seeing as that's where all of the other gay marriage questions have been.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 11:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Religious Debate

• does not have any effect on my life, if i were married or not

if two men or two women want to be married, why would i care
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• – collapse
    then america has to pay more to those people (gay married couples) because they then will get benefits originally bestowed only to christian couples married (men and women)

it also teaches our youth that no matter what the bible says, they can do as they please.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• I don't care who marries whom. Just because I don't believe something's right does not make it any of my business. It's not my place to judge.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• originally bestowed only to christian couples married (men and women)

Are you high or just really ignorant?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• then america has to pay more to those people (gay married couples) because they then will get benefits originally bestowed only to christian couples married (men and women)

it also teaches our youth that no matter what the bible says, they can do as they please. "

And? I'm still not seeing how that will affect MY marriage. And only Christian married couples get benefits? That's news to me. I'm married, not Christian, and I'm pretty sure we get the same benefits as anyone else.

Secondly, I don't necessarily believe in the Bible (I do believe in God), but I teach my son every important value plus some that are in the Bible. No, my son doesn't have to follow every thing the Bible teaches, but I don't know any Christians who follow EVERYTHING it says either.

Care to explain how it will change my marriage? Because I still haven't gotten an answer.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• To anon who preaches following the Bible, do you eat shellfish? That's not okay according to the Bible. Do you stone your children? Does your husband stone you? The Bible says to, so you should get on that.
    I don't get why people are so bothered by gay people getting married. If two people want to be together and celebrate that with marriage and have the benefits of marriage, why should they be denied that right? 50 years ago, people couldn't marry interracially. The majority of people thought THAT was wrong, yet the Supreme Court changed that law. I don't see any problems with gay people gettin married, or having children for that matter.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• And since when did only Christians get to be married? People have been getting married long before the Bible was written, and ling before the founding of the Christian faith.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:29 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Awww, can someone find the anon a link showing where marriage PRE-dates the Bible?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:07 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I REALLY do hate the Anon button...
    It takes all the fun out of who is Trolling around....

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:21 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My neighbor says, if marriage is supposed to be between a man and woman,then you allow the same sexes(men/men,women/women)to get married it's like it's not serious,like it's a joke, she says,why not let some of these people who love there animals so much,marry them, or if mother loves her son,they marry, or an old man wants to marry a child,let them marry, she says it just makes marriage look like a joke if the same sex is allowed to marry,thats why we have laws,she says, to protect us from the abnormal.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 17, 2010