Why is my DDs poopie white-ish?

Shes 1 and she started on whole milk a week before her 1st birthday, Her pooie has been white-ish for about 2 weeks now...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What has she been eating?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:18 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• And how much milk has she been drinking?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Too much milk, not enough other liquids maybe.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Shes still mostly on babyfood like the Graduates ones for toddles she doesnt eat much of what we eat... Could it be that she eats alot of dairy?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• She Drinks about 6 oz in the morning before breakfast then about 7 at nap time and she wont have any more til bed time about 8 oz
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Chalky white poop could indicate that there is no bile from the liver to digest food. Call the doc.

piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• If a lot of what she eats pasta and what she drinks is milk...that could be it.

While it is an indication of a gall bladder issue...if she has no other signs, I would try to do an elimination diet first. Give her water and no milk for a day or two and see if it changes. Or cut back on white foods like pasta and crackers and mashed potatoes.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:25 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• It's probably just what she has (or hasn't) been eating. BUT, to be on the safe side, I'd make her an appointment. My pediatrician always told me if my daughter's poops turned white that's when you'd want to have them checked just to be sure. White, or bloody, that's when they like to check them out.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Thank you girl I'll make an appointment ASAP
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2010