how do i help my 3rd grader to adjust.

my kid used to be happy and eager to learn. he was so smart, his 2nd grade teacher decided to have hiim tested, and low and behold, he was gifted! unfortunetly, we did not find this out until the end of the first quarter, so he had to change classes. i know it has only been 2 days, but he is crying he does not want to go to school. do i just give him time? or nip it in the bud and talk to someone now? idon't want him being miserable in class. he seems to think his teacher does not like him, nor his classmates. how can i help him to adjust????

itzmyzoo

Asked by itzmyzoo at 11:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in

• Poor guy! When my oldest was in third grade we moved him to a new very challenging school and I know for a fact his teacher hated him. She hated all the kids, I have no idea how she was even a teacher, she was so mean.
    Anyway it was really hard for him too. We told him that he was a genius and he needed to be with the other genius kids so he could get the best education. He liked being a genius and eventually felt better about school. And started looking forward to it again.
    Good luck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2010