• In the Spotlight:

If a woman believes in abortion why should it matter who does it?

I feel abortion should be very limited: Because(1)to kill is murder=charged with murder(2)God handles life and death(3)women has a choice=several birth control methods NO sex (4)If a woman is raped-her life endangered-incest-a few exceptions take abortion into consideration(5) woman ask for more than 1 abortion any reason she should have her tubes tied(period).(6)If a woman is asking for abortion JUST because its her body-then let who ever will= give her the abortion= the baby is being killed WHY should she have more consideration then she has for the BABY?

momofquinncruz

Asked by momofquinncruz at 8:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• I know abortion is always a hot topic. One thing i don't understand, however, is why noone ever talks about the lack of counseling available to women who are considering an abortion. Doesn't it seem that sometimes girls and women get an abortion because they are scared and ovewhelmed? I think that if abortions were a few step process, including a mandatory counseling session, women would have a better idea as to whether or not they wanted to have one.
    All of the anger and upsettedness that revolves around the abortion itself leaves a lot of people forgotten about. The baby for one, and the mother who lost her baby as another. Every girl i know who has had an abortion has regretted it- especially once they become pregnant later in life. Women have the right to have their pregnancy concerns taken seriously and on an individual basis- even if they are considering an abortion.
    Anonymous

• I don't get your question!!
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 8:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Im having a hard time understanding what youre asking. I also don't think GOD should have any influence on a woman's right to choose since not all of us are religious.
    TAG2.0

Answer by TAG2.0 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I'm with ya sister!!
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 8:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I agree with TAG2.0. The magic of America is the separation of church and government. This is a bit off topic, but if God decides life and death, why should people be able to artifically inseminate? (which I support, so chill out everyone) Tying a woman's tubes after more than one abortion...get real. They can't pass a law to castrate sex offenders, and you think that'll fly? You're opinion is fine, b/c it is yours, just like mine is, because it's mine. The right to choose why you believe what you believe. I can understand and respect your stance, but I think your arguement is a little unrealistic.
    Anonymous

• take your argument to your congressperson, not here. thanks
    Anonymous

• Anon 8:55 allow me to put your mind at ease. Almost eleven years ago, I had an abortion. The reasons why aren't anybody's business but mine and my docs so I won't go into it but I can assure you of a few things..1) I got pre-counseling. 2)It wasa multi-step process that took me two days. 3) I got post-counseling. and finally 4.) I have NEVER regretted my decision...not once. I have never felt anything but relief from that decision. I hope that sets your mind at ease. Women who choose abortion are scared and overwhelmed...but once they make that choice, they are usually relieved to have it dealt with and over so they can move on with their lives.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 10:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I forgot to add...I had my abortion in between my first and second baby. Did not feel regret when I was pregnant with my son or my daughter after my abortion. I currently have 2 sons and a daughter.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 10:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• YES I TOTALLY AGREE===THANK YOU...I know abortion is always a hot topic. One thing i don't understand, however, is why noone ever talks about the lack of counseling available to women who are considering an abortion. Doesn't it seem that sometimes girls and women get an abortion because they are scared and ovewhelmed? I think that if abortions were a few step process, including a mandatory counseling session, women would have a better idea as to whether or not they wanted to have one.
    momofquinncruz

Answer by momofquinncruz at 10:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I AM SORRY, I think if it doesn't bother you at all that you have had an abortion you are the first person to ever say that as far as I have heard....In my opinion .the baby you aborted made you a mom just as much as the other three children. You are the mom of 4 children 1 is just an angel.....
    momofquinncruz

Answer by momofquinncruz at 10:59 PM on Nov. 3, 2008