Ovulating adult content

I was told that you ovulate 10 days after you start your period is that true? How do i know if I am ovulating?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Technically you ovulate 12-16 days BEFORE your period. If you have a 28 day cycle, that would put ovulation pretty much in the middle of your cycle.

I am a 31 day cycle so I ovulate to the latter part of the middle.
    You will know you are ovulating when your basal body temp changes, your cervix position and opening changes, and your cervical mucous increases to egg-white consistancy. Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler is a great reference on the subject.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• but u also have that same muscus if ur pregnant....just saying it sucks the same thing happens when ovulating cause i have gotten my hopes up before
    nandy90

Answer by nandy90 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Typically it's 12-17 days BEFORE you ovulate. 17 days is typically the longest a luteal phase will be unless there is a problem. The best way to know when your ovulating is to chart cervical mucus, cervical position and then following that up with Basal Body Temperature. You can learn about all of this in the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility

If you are charting BBT there will be no confusion as to whether the mucus you are having is ovulation or pregnancy.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:12 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• You ovulate approximately half way thru your cycle. If you have a 28 day cycle you ovulate on day 14. 34 day cycle day 17 is ovulation.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:34 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• 2austisticmom...that's not necessarily true. Women don't ovulate on a certain day based on their cycle length. They ovulate when they ovulate.

I never ovulate until after day 20 no matter how long my cycle is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Everyone is so different. I am a 29 day cycle and have ovulated on cycle day 14 or 15. Stress and life can play with that sometimes.
    I also rely more on my cervical mucus to let me know when I am ovulating as well as OPK's and lastly my morning temp (once it has gone up and stayed up for at least three consecutive days in a row, I know that I ovulated the day before my temperature rise).After charting for a couple of months I was able to interpret this better. Good luck!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 1:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2010