I saw this anti-microbial product online, has anyone tried germbrella?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Opening a door with a tissue or paper towel would work just as well and not cost $12.95! What would you do after the Germbrella is covered with germs? It has also been suggested that some exposure to germs strengthens the immune system and a "germophobe" approach may actually keep your immune system from working as well.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I agree with Mikesmom. Do you realize that we're increasing the rates of asthma and allergies (among other problems) because of our overuse of antimicrobials and our attempts to sterilize our homes? These products are aimed at our fears, becausethey are what drive us to act, and it's all just a marketing gimmick to make money. Don't buy into it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:22 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I think it's still a good way to help the environment, rather than wasting paper towel every time you open a door. It says there it's washable and I think it's great especially when you travel.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• That's not a bad idea, but I would save the money and use a cloth napkin or towel to do the same thing. The cloth can then be put in the washer alot easier than cleaning that thing.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 12:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2010