How would you handle this?

My husband and I have been going to an evening seminar at our church and we have been taking our son to the childcare room that is provided. When I go pick him up he is always really wet because he was not changed. Today when I went and got him he was poopy and the caregiver said nothing about it. I don't mind if they don't change diapers there but they should at least let me know if they need me to come do it. How would you approach this? I don't want to hurt the lady's feelings, it is sweet of her to provide the free care. She is a bit older so its possible she just didn't realize he needed to be changed.

mommytoJames512

Asked by mommytoJames512 at 11:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Is she overwhelmed with too many babies? Maybe she thought you would be there in a minute so decided to turn a blind eye or nose. From now on you should change him in the room before you leave the church. I wouldn't be happy either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Actually my son was the youngest there and I think the only one in diapers.
    mommytoJames512

Comment by mommytoJames512 (original poster) at 12:03 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Consider your priorities a little better, her feelings or your baby's well being? Im sure there is a nice and polite way of working around that situation. I think that since you do have to return and continue going, if she is not doing enough than you should. In my opinion you can try gicing her hints like suggesting the times that she should check your baby's diaper or you can try taking a little break and run over there and do it yourself. What matters is that your baby is ok and no one can do a better job than you. Good luck. ; )
    mary_jane_213

Answer by mary_jane_213 at 12:32 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I like what Anon. said, maybe changing the diaper in front of her with turn on a light bulb so to speak. How long is the seminar and how old is your son? Maybe a personal babysitter would work better for a bit or just a change in how much he eats and drinks before you go.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 12:39 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• How long is the seminar? Perhaps you could make sure he has a clean diaper before the seminar, then change him immediately afterwards?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2010