Do you believe in biracial marriages?

I thought I would never want my kids to marry outside my own race,(Caucasian) simply because I don't believe in mixing races. My daughter married this really wonderful black man who has treated her like gold, now I sit back and am thankful she found this awesome guy. Plus I have an absolute beautiful grand daughter and grandson. Do you believe in mixing races?

tracylyn245

Asked by tracylyn245 at 11:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Of course... In a hundred years or so the races (at least in this part of the world) will be so mixed no one will be able to tell what is what anyways, we will all just be part of the Human Race - As it should be!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:57 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• We are all people. That's one race. Human race.
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 11:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I'm good with any relationship that is good for both parties. Plus mixed babies are the cutest!
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 12:02 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• That is not something that I even think of. I just hope my daughters find a good honest guy the color of the skin is the last thing that I will think of.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:03 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I am an equalist and glad you finally got over yourself, Whitey. Congratu-fricking-lations.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 7:58 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yes, definitely!!
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 11:57 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I honestly didn't even know people thought like that till my step grandmother said something to my sister one time about my grandpa would roll over in his grave if she were to marry a black man! I don't understand why people would have a problem with their kids marrying outside their own race, then again, I am white, my husband is part Mexican and I have never seen a difference between us at all!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 12:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• If he treats his mother/grandmother well, maintains a job, is educated and treats her well...she can marry an alien for all I care.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:16 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yes, I do. My SIL is black and my nieces are biracial, and they were dating for several years before they got married so she's essentially been part our 'family' one way or another for over 16 years now. I've also dated men of different ethnicities in the past too.

Race is really a social construct anyway. There's very little biological basis for it (there are more variation within the so-called races than there are between different races).  What 'race' a person belongs to depends how it's defined, that's why the number of 'races' are not the same in every country. There are definitely differences in cultures and ethnicities, but that should just make us more diverse and interesting as people rather than dividing people. IMO I think people should be able to marry whoever they choose.

pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:55 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I believe that love does not see color. I have no problem with interracial marriage.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 9:48 AM on Nov. 17, 2010