Does anyone else have an extremely dramatic child?

My son, who is 4, is so dramatic!! You would think I just told him his dog died! I asked him to clean his room after he did some and asked if it was enough and I told him what he had left, he threw himself on the floor and started wailing! Not crying, pretending to the point where it didn't even sound like crying or whining, just sounded like he was trying hard for me to believe that he was very upset! I know it is the age, but I can't help but laugh at him...does he really think that is going to get him out of cleaning, haha!

ILoveCade

Asked by ILoveCade at 11:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My three year old is really dramatic!! lol it makes me laugh most of the time, but can also get frustrating. I figure she'll get over it, but if not it's okay :) she's dramatic about good things too, which makes up for it.
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 12:07 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My 7 yr old granddaughter is the queen of drama queens. She always has been. It pisses her off when I ignore the ridiculous behavior.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:18 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My neice is the Drama Qeen of the family. At 3 yrs old she threw her self ao the floor and declare to her mother,my sister, "You ruined my life!" with her arm thrown over her eyes. Too funny!!! This was her reaction to being told her friend needed to go home. But, she get this from her mother, who, while in 2nd grade, came home with her first B and threw herself on the sofa and declared,"I'm not going to college!" The apple didn't fall far from the tree. LOL!!!!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 12:30 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My kids are all so dramatic in different ways, most of the time it is a bit annoying or overwhelming but sometimes it is downright funny. Either way i know that i am doomed in the future because i am sure it just gets worse..
    Itsallgood

Answer by Itsallgood at 12:31 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My 4yo has an anxiety issue, so sometimes he seems dramatic but really it's just stress... But my 3yo, OMG... This kid is going to be a SUPER Soap Star! We should have named him Emmy...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:51 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My ten year old daughter. She also lies all the time and gets mad when it is hard for me to believe her about anything.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:20 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It's the age......
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• My 3 year old Daughter is, about everything. Everything is soooo horrible when she gets in trouble, and when she is excited she is wayyy over excited. She has become a cry baby as well......booooo :(
    punkypreggo

Answer by punkypreggo at 4:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• lol My dd is sooo dramatic as well! Any little thing like picking up a toy she just threw and she bawls! Even to the point where she'll run to one end of a room, scream, say "oh no! a Monster!!! I have to run!!" and has all the sighs and awwws in there... reminds me of Snow White when she's running through the woods to get away from the woodsman and she runs in circles screaming in shock from the "creatures" but dd has never seen that movie.... lol
    As far as when she's upset I think it's the age.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• the age... and honestly when my oldest "pretends" to cry, if i laugh, she ends up laughing at her self... ha!
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2010