HOW DO I GET RID OF A SWEET TOOTH?

I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED MY SWEETS BUT I FINALLY THINK ITS CATCHING UP TO ME. I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO LEARN A TRICK TO GET RID OF IT? OR TO CURVE IT A MORE I HAVE TO HAVE SOMETHING SWET EVERYDAY IS THERE ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE LIKE THAT ? JUST CURIOUS THANKS :)

JENVIHTELIC

Asked by JENVIHTELIC at 1:57 AM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• try eating sweet stuff but healthy like apples and strawberries and drink a bit more of distilled water
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 2:34 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• chew gum. they even make a chocolate flavored one.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:36 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I am the same. I have to have something sweet everyday. I have tried eating more fresh fruit or things like gummy bears that are fat free.
    AKEllen

Answer by AKEllen at 3:30 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• weight watchers makes a low calerie choc cake ,,100 calories,,,,but only one a day........ they r small , but good!!!
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 7:59 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• First, try eating fruits whenever you have a craving for something sweet. This will help many times. However, if that's not the case it IS okay to indulge (Even every day!) with sweets as long as you do it in a smart way. When I was doing a lot of weightlifting pre-pregnancy I got this insane sweet tooth. I ended up talking to my fitness-oriented friends and almost all of them either had a "cheat day" or when it came to sweets they'd have one small sweet per day. So I began eating one square of dark chocolate every day around lunch. It really works as long as you can actually limit yourself to only that *one* treat.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:06 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I love my sweets too. Do you notice a paticular time of day that you are craving sweets? If it's mid afternoon could be your sugar levels dropping after lunch, I would recommend more protein at lunch. Definitely eating fruit instead of the refined sugar is your best bet but if you're anything like me, that doesn't always cut it. For me, more water and more protein have helped but there are still days that I just NEED something - infact, I just baked a pan of brownies yesterday. SO my advice would be to keep it in check or promise yourself a walk or x amount of situps in exchange for a treat.
    rashellis

Answer by rashellis at 10:37 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Try changing your activity. If after 15 minutes, you still have the craving, try eating fruit or other low-calorie snack.
    Anonymous

• Figure out subsitutes. I love something sweet in the afternoon and adore cheesecake so I get the 100 cal honymade cheesecake snacks and love the jello snack cheesecake. I like something cold before bed and have changed that from icecream to froven fruit with a small glass of 2% on the side.
    electricblue

Answer by electricblue at 9:21 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I also have a really bad sweet tooth! I asked a friend for gum, she didn't have any but she had a breath spray called binaca. Out of desperation i tried it. And now I find myself reaching for cinnamint Binaca spray whenever I get a sweet craving. I would try it, and if your sweet tooth doesn't go away atleast you'll have fresh breath!
    cathyandherkids

Answer by cathyandherkids at 12:38 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• yougurt :)
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 12:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2010