What do you think are some of the most important things to remember to pack for your stay at the hospital for both you and baby?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 12:47 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• With both my kids I went to bed bath and body work and picked out a nice smelling body wash to make me feel good, with my son it was citrus to help me feel awake.
    A warm pair of socks is important the rooms are kinda chilly, or to me they were.
    If you have a favorite pillow, I'd pack that.
    Toss an outfit for your husband/partner in the bag that way if he's at work he can change (or if he drives to the hosp. in his boxers like my cuz, you're covered).
    Your spare glasses or contacts JUST IN CASE. You never know how things will fall.
    10 bucks in cash for incidentals.
    A list of who all you want to call.
    Phone charger so that you really can call everyone.
    Don't forget an outfit for baby and something nice for first pictures if you want them.
    The camera and an unpoended pack of batteries for spares so you can take plenty of pictures.
    I brought for both kids a blanket that was crocheted by my mother.
    My hubs packed bubbly juic
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 12:55 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I brought extra hair ties, chapstick, my pillow from home, phone charger, camera with charger, clothes for Baby and me to go home in, and toiletries. Aside from that, we didn't use much. Everything else was provided. It's always wise to see what is provided at the hospital where you will be delivering, because it does vary widely. Most provide diapers, blankets, hats, and shirts for Baby, and gowns and socks for Mom. Beyond that, it varies, so it's worth calling and asking.
    Also, we kept a list of anything that would need to be packed in addition to the stocked back (such as toiletries that I use daily) so that in the whirlwind of heading to the hospital, we'd know what to pack. It came in extra handy, as DH had to run home and get the bag after I was admitted!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:56 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Thanks for posting this question because I was breaking my head with the same question?
    mary_jane_213

Answer by mary_jane_213 at 1:04 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I wish that I would have packed snacks! I was starving after giving birth and the kitchen was closed at the hospital so I had to wait until morning for breakfast! (I went in mid morning before lunch and was allowed a light snack at 3pm then had my DD at 1130pm)
    I suggest taking your favorite bathing essentials because that first shower after the hardest work you'll ever experience is the best shower you'll EVER take!
    Your boppy if you have one, its amazing how weak I felt and how much that helped!
    Something to entertain you it got boring...
    Good Luck!
    LadyofIvory

Answer by LadyofIvory at 1:13 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• CAMERA!!! Dont forget it ;)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• clothes for me and the baby the carseat and a few small things
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 12:52 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Don't take too much - just the bare necessities. It's a pain to have to make a million trips to the car when you leave because you brought a bunch of stuff you didn't use.
    Hygiene stuff (brush, toothbrush, feel-good shampoo) are a necessity.
    Comfortable clothes to go home in - you'll still look semi-pregnant, so don't think you'll suddenly fit back into your pre-pregnancy jeans.
    If you're planning on nursing, a cover for privacy, and button up or looser fitting shirts work nice while you're getting it figured out. And a Boppy pillow makes life so much easier!
    Carseat - make sure the base is installed already in the car.
    Cute outfit for your LO.
    Camera and lots of batteries.
    Cell phone and charger.
    Notebook or journal, if you would like to write any memories down while they're fresh.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 1:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2010