pregnancy weight

I'm already about 25 pounds over weight and i'm pregnant so how much weight do i need to gain or do i not gain any weight during my pregnancy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i've heard that overweight pregnant women should gain about 10-15lbs
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 1:00 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I was only allowed 15 pounds and I was not overweight to begin with. I was high risk though. I would say no more than 30 total. The more you gain the more it affects your risks when it comes time to deliver and the more you have to take off after.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:47 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I was overweight and I never heard only 10-15. I only gained 14 with my last and my dr was NOT happy about it but I wasn't doing it intentionally and I ate plenty.

OP that's something you should discuss with your doctor, he/she would tell you how they want you to gain to stay healthy. I always thought it was around 30 lbs.
    cheez1e

Answer by cheez1e at 11:06 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I just read that after the first trimester you should gain around 1/2 pound a week if you are overweight or 1 pound a week if you are average weight.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I'm way too over weight and lost 20 at beginning and now at 27 weeks I've only gained 4. Doc says baby is doing incredibly well and as long as I continue to do so well he wont put any specific number on weight gain.
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 12:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2010