How do you know if your friends are really your friends?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:06 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• A friend's love is unconditional. They choose to be a part of your life, no matter what the circumstance is. They don't belittle you, they don't talk down at you or talk behind your back. You know you can trust them with the most intament of secrets. You know they believe in you. You know when you disagree you can get past that and grow from it. You know that they will defend you, as well as support you. You know you can leave them in a room with your husband! LOL You know, because no matter what happens, they're not going away. You also know because when they tell you the truth, you don't get offended and cut them out of your life! LOL They aren't there to get what they can out of you. They give 100 percent of themselves in the relationship, just as you do. You don't have to entertain each other. You can be yourself and know that they love you even with all your flaws! LOL Hope this helps
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 3:31 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• They are there not just for fun, but when I truly need them. They also call on me when they need someone.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 1:10 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• for me i know who my reals friends are because they are always there for me no matter what. Even if have a huge a fight if i need them or if they need me we are always there. Like my best friend for example. I tell her everything and she tells me everything and even though we don't talk every day we still make time at least once a week to just say though an e-mail or on facebook. I can be my true self around my true friends
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 1:11 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• If you can call them at 3am because you just wrecked your car, and you know they will come rescue you even though they have to be up for work - they are a good true friend... If they will ignore the phone, chances are they aren't worth your time.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:30 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• They value friendship like I do, are there for me like I am for them, and give it everything they've got like I do. Basically, if they are like me in the friend aspect, I know they are a true friend.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:59 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• A friend is someone who is honest with you and is able to tell you when you're making a mistake. They are there for you when you need them, even if you don't ask them to be or try to push them away. Friendship is a two-way street, so also the people you are willing to do this for. The number of real friends anyone has is probably very small, with quite a few colleagues or acquaintances mixed in the same category.
    htroy2010

Answer by htroy2010 at 2:38 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• The best way to determine who are your good friends and those who aren't is to draw a picture of a tree with lots of branches and lots of roots. The people in your life (family included) that you support in any way (physical, financial, emotionally, etc go on your branches. All the people in your life that support YOU go on your branches. Now, look at the tree and picture that it is YOU. If there are people that are on your branches (e.g. YOU support them - other than children) but not on your roots - you are wasting your time and energy on them. If there are people in your roots that aren't on your branches, then, you might want to think of how you can return their support. This analogy helps [me] realize those that are reciprocating my support and those that don't. Try it. You might be surprised at what you find.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:52 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I know my best friend is a real friend because she was there for me when no one else was. She gave up her life to help me out with my daughter when I found out I was pregnant and about to be a single mom. She moved in with us for two years (what she thought could be 10 years!) and helped me raise my daughter.
    She is always there for me no matter what and she also shows how much she needs me all the time. She is honest with me and lets me know when I am about to do something wrong, yet she supports me if I decide to do it anyway.

I love you Monica!!
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 1:21 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• You know because they are there during good AND bad times.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 3:59 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Im starting to think that I don't. Most of my friends are far away from having kids
    so i am left out of everything and no one cares to see how madi and i are and thats okay!
    Madelynnsmommaa

Answer by Madelynnsmommaa at 8:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2010