gays adopting children???

I have seen a lot of people say that homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to adopt children because it could "damage" the childn...well not according this study! So haters have any other reasons??? :)

The Williams Institute, a research center on sexual orientation law and public policy at UCLA School of Law, has announced new findings from NLLFS, the longest-running study ever conducted on American lesbian families (now in its 24th year). In an article published today in the Archives of Sexual Behavior, the 17-year-old daughters and sons of lesbian mothers were asked about sexual abuse, sexual orientation, and sexual behavior. The paper found that none of the 78 NLLFS adolescents reports having ever been physically or sexually abused by a parent or other caregiver. This contrasts with 26 percent of American adolescents who report parent or caregiver physical abuse and 8.3 percent who report sexual abuse

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Nov. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I already asked this question and every single reply thought it was okay for gays to adopt. Not sure where all the haters are? florida?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:13 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I Personally don't see what's wrong with gays adopting. but here is bump
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 1:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• A good question to be asked earlier in the day, when all the people from the Bible Belt are up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I don't have a problem with gays adopting kids. In fact, my daughter's babysitter is the child of lesbians and she (21 years old) and her brother (13 years old) are the most well-rounded people I know. They are both very polite and extremelly well-educated, the girl got in Stanford Uni with a full scholarship when she was 17, the boy has skipped to grades, they are both very sociable, fun to be around, kind, caring, trustworthy.. I love their moms, they're great people, very active in our community, very sociable and caring, great fun!
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 1:17 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Study after study has been done on this and other homosexually related issues - NONE of them have had a negative outcome...

But those who hate will always find a reason to uphold their beliefs, with or without any supporting evidence. That's just how hate works.

Frankly, I don't care if you're straight, gay, single or have 15 spouses, if you're willing to care for a child that needs a home - Go for it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:22 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• I see no problem with it... The number of SUPPORTERS on CM far outweigh those against the issue. I think this post is more of a drama-feed... jmo
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:09 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• If you are pro-life,then you should be pro-gay adoptions because they are willing to give unwanted babies loving homes.
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 5:10 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Raising a child requires love and nurturing, sexual orientation plays no part in it.

Answer by older at 6:58 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• why shouldnt gays adopt children? is it better for those kids to sit in the foster care system? its not like they are going to "catch the gay germ" or suddenly only gays harm children. its so stupid and only hurts the kids that would have had a nice life and a family but are stuck in the system and it hurts the adults that wanted children so bad but because they are with the person they love some person behind a desk has decided they cannot complete their family.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 7:00 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Personally,I think its ideal to have a mother and father in the home raising their child/children.I do not agree with the homosexual lifestyle and so of course i'm not too keen on them adopting children.That is my personal opinion which won't make a difference in the grand scheme...so I won't feed any drama OP lol.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:33 AM on Nov. 17, 2010